Friday, July 23, 2010

Flea Market Friday

Today I'm linking  up with Kecia over at Lemoncholy's Flight of Fancy for  Flea Market Friday....where you'll get to show off your finds and treasures! Check it out!
Yesterday I spent a few hours ALL-BY-MYSELF picking thru my favorite flea and it was rejuvenating!  The place wasn't crowded, the vendors were ready to make deals and the pickin's were great!
 A giant splash of cool, blue water...that's definetly what I was craving about the time I snapped this photo. Even though it's miles away from my taste...it just looked so refreshing and inviting in the red, hot sunshine.
 Standing out in the middle of mid century modern furniture and plastic beer signs...this drum caught my eye (I think it's that psychometry thing happening again) the funky energy coming from this piece captivated me....a coool hippy drum...totally "diggin" it. Decoupaged, worn leather straps, zodiac signs....flower power at it's best!  My hot, fried, brain imagined it strapped to a funky free spirit dancing and singing through the summer of love.



Be sure to check out all the other vintage goodies and treasures over at Kecia's place....
peace and love ....have a great weekend!
                                                              hugs,
                                                                          Beth

10 comments:

  1. I enjoyed seeing both of these. I find myself drawn more and more to boho-style!
    Have a great weekend,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color of that blue bowl!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for playing! your right about that glass bowl thingy - it looks like a cool swimming pool. i take it your were at Columbus? and it's nice when it is quiet like that - i enjoy those days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool bongo drum...the colors all around it sure do give it that hippy beach look.

    Will have to check out Kecias blog...thanks.

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. That blue/aqua glass bowl is lovely. I would have bought it no problem. I am a color person:-}
    olive♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it when you hit the Fleas just right. Great finds. I DO love that bongo. Turn up the Jack Johnson and have a great weekend:):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness... I love the drums, they are wonderful~
    Thank you for sharing!
    I love your blog!
    We have a new look, please come and visit my blog!
    Have a good evening!
    Leticia
    www.msbinglesvintagechristmas.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that drum is awesome....not for my home but would love to use it as a decorative piece in someone else's special place. And that blue piece...wow. That would look fabulous in my son's New York apartment. I see so many things to buy him while out "treasure hunting" but alas...his place is only like 2 feet by 3 feet. Just kidding....but it's almost that bad. Happy Flea Marketing! xo Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. THOSE are both fun finds! That glass piece, although not my style either, is absolutely STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great finds! That aqua bowl is gorgeous!

    Enjoy!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.....