Friday, July 30, 2010

Double dipping in the party department today......I've joined up with two great parties...showing off my flea market finds over at Kecia's place then showing off what I made with some of them over at the French Cupboard...
I absolutely love old condiment caddies....I like repurposing them and adding fresh flowers to the jars making a spectacularly dramatic centerpiece.
 
....this week was all about the little stuff gobs
of it....jewelry, lace tins and these beautiful silver plated basket...oh boy...I've got keep-it-itis AGAIN!
So what do you do with all this stuff?
Well, lately besides revamped jewelry I've been into altering antique bottles. Did you ever stumble across something that just fits?  I think this is one of those things for me....I could sit and add elements, wrap wire, tie lace and play with solder ALL DAY!  These bottle are just one of those projects that is so much fun to do and because not one is exactly the same....I don't get bored and flit off to another corner of my studio and start something else in the middle. I really enjoy making them!
I have a few listed for sale on etsy...more to come!



Thanks for stopping by and letting me share my goodies.....be sure to stop over and check out Lemoncholy's Flight of Fancy for Flea Market Friday and the gals at the French Cupboard for the Altered Art Party..have a great weekend!

18 comments:

  1. Lovely bottles! I especially adore the bottle with the little nest on it. Very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they are wonderful! I love them all! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Beth,
    Your altered bottles really turned out great. I can see why you enjoy making them. This is a wonderful way to take an old, discarded bottle and turn it into a piece of art.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for coming by and leaving a comment! I adore those bottles!!! And I can so relate to the bordom thing!

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bottles are amazing! You start with one and the imagination just flies doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bottles are wonderful! karen....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Beth ~ I love them ~ so so so pretty. Are you selling any? I know - stupid question, but I seriously love them. All the elements are there ~ why can't I figure out how to solder better?? Great job ~ Have a fantastic weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...oh...my...goodness!!! I'm just swooning over those bottles! Simply fabulous!!
    xo, Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your altered bottles are over the moon fabulous! Happy creating...

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a really nice castor set...love the little bottles, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You KNOW I DIG those fab art bottles ... But, I'd love to DIG THRU that pile of little goodies even more ; )

    Looks like you had a jolly good time at the flea!

    xo
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  12. the bottles are stunning! thanks for the early morning tea - and there was another top hat there - you must have missed it! they were interesting though as they were "collapsible". they had this weird wiring on the inside to help it collapse and it made the hat very tight and hard to wear - so i had jeff remove the wiring and now it fits better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't believe I've ever even seen one condiment tray so lovely as that! And your bottles... oh my! I love them!! My dad, my brother and my son are all welders and I don't have one inkling how to solder - lol! Thank you for sharing your beautiful altered pieces with us!!

    Blessings... Polly

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never really got into altered bottles, but... Yours' are the prettiest I have ever seen!! And I love your stash of amazing littles!! HA! I have a bad case of keep-it-itis myself! I just can't help myself sometimes! Thanks for the inspiration ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beth, love the bottles, especially the stoppers and the key look...very creative! You sure a talented and inspiring blog friend.

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Beth! It was great meeting you today, too! You inspired me to go to our local fleamarket more often... I live about fifteen minutes away and have only gone twice this summer!

    Anyway, I just posted about our day at the flea. Check it out! http://bellarosaantiques.blogspot.com/2010/08/fabulous-flea-unexpected-blogger-meet.html

    Jill (Jillian)
    Bella Rosa Antiques

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.....