Tuesday, March 29, 2011

After a wonderfully successful and fun filled weekend at the Gypsy Market (check out the link to see all the fun) I think it's time to get back in touch with reality. While scurrying around for the past several weeks in anticipation of the Gypsy Market I was neglecting my laundry, dishes, dinner preparation just your basic take care of STUFF kinda stuff etc..etc...,(not that I missed that part of my life...ha who could miss doing dishes?)But in the process of excusing myself from basic chores I also set aside my tri-weekly jaunts with Mr. Fish so, I decided it was time to get back on the walking track. 
We generally try to get in at least 45 minutes of walking at our secret ,sweet spot on the Delaware River.  There's a nature/bird preserve just a few blocks from our house that we frequent.  I took a few photoshots today of a the locals who were out and about as well.


We pass by this billboard on the way home, it has just recently appeared at the base of the bridge(we're right across river from Philadelphia) not quite sure why it's here but there's something so intriguing about it. No words, no advertisements it just simply sits there on the highway amongst the traffic lights and asphalt.
Just thought I'd share it with you....

What do you think? Can't quite figure....but I love the contrast to the busy rush surrounding it.
hugs,
         Beth


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful area to walk, the deer are beautiful...a little different from Alabama deer. I think the billboard is of Mary (as in Jesus' Mother) since it is so close to Easter. She is gorgeous. Thanx for sharing, Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful, I would love to see a billboard like that in our City. Thank you for sharing with us!
    Have a great day!
    Ido

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such lovely place to walk! So serene and beautiful, love the deer and geese!
    The billboard is a site to behold. All the hustle and bustle of the city, she looks like a calm in the storm. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love our Holy Mother on the billboard! Beautiful!

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if the billboard is by the same people who are putting up the billboards here in Toledo, Ohio (and my sister saw in Seattle) that say the end of the world is coming May 21. Weird!

    The billboard of Mary is a nice reminder that Easter is not about the bunnies and eggs, but the death and resurrection of our LORD and SAVIOR JESUS.

    I love your blog.

    Blessings,
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! It is so peaceful and serene among the chaos of the city! Thanks for sharing with us! karen....

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a reminder from Our Blessed Mother That Heaven awaits

    she is beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.....