Sunday, December 12, 2010

Silver Sunday in NYC

 ~Welcome to December Silver Sunday~
We jumped on a shiny silver greyhound (bus) and traveled a quick hour and half and landed smack dab in the middle of the shiniest city in world...NYC.

First stop before sleep..Bryant Park


We started our Bright and shiny morning at Old Good Things
.....flew across town to ABC Home



I know this isn't silver but I just had to share ....
 We came across this super shabby pair at ABC which I found very curious.  As most of you know I am soooo not into perfection, old worn and love pieces are right up my alley ....however, I think this is taking it to the extreme..... 
.....then I saw the price!
Oh, the matching chair was a mere 1095.00 in case you're interested......
Well, after a bit of sticker shock and a quick cup of coffee 
we stopped in at Anthropologie for a bit of fun
...now I know what to do with all those radiators we have left from the renovations.
 off to SoHo for a little Shabby Chic Couture...

I fell in love with these little vintage paper bells at Shabby Chic!  What an awesome place. I think I could have just lived there!  Have a wonderful Silver Sunday be sure to check out the rest of the party goers posts.
May you have nothing but peace and love throughout the holidays......



18 comments:

  1. Fantastic. What gorgeous eye candy. That radiator chair at Anthro...who woulda thought?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth ~ Sounds like a great time. I can be in the City in about an hour and really should get in there more often. Im not a big City gal though. I adore some of the shops, but I never come home with with anything because I really don't want to take out a second mortgage for a chair:) Its all about the company you are with~ and you girls look like you had a blast. Peaceful Holidays to you & yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you girls had a great time! I can only imagine!
    Theresa
    aka:tot

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sooooo enjoyed all the NEW YORK BLING!*!*!
    Jeanine, ChiPPy!-SHaBBy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Beth,
    OMG, what fun. Not only to visit NY but also the things you have seen. Amazingly that this super shabby pair at ABC has a price. Could it be that somebody want to have that? I mean, you find such treasures here sometimes on the street waiting for the garbage car. Really funny. The radiator seat reminds me somehow to C-3PO/Starwars. Doesn't look very comfortable, but very interesting. But I really fell in love with the glittering world of New York's stores. The cone trees are beautyful and the little paper bells also. I love your Silver Sunday and it's hard for me to wait until you open this event, because there are always so many nice things to see. Thank you so much for hosting and have a great time.
    Greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. i was ogling those prom dresses! yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Beth,
    I just love the city at Christmas time!!! It's about a 7 hour drive from me and worth every minute of the travel. Love those paper bells from Shabby Chic. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beth, thanks for sharing the silver highlights of your trip. I wish I were an hour and a half from NYC. Looks like you girls had a terrific time. Happy Holidays to you! ~ sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds and looks like you had a great time.
    The lounge and chair have definitely been taken to the extreme - almost as if they are a joke. Surely no one will pay those prices.
    Thanks for sharing your trip to the big city.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Beth,
    It look's like your having a blast!! I have never been to New York but have always dreamed of going, your photos make me yearn to go even more now! Such a fabulous place!
    Have a great Holiday season.
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like soooo much fun!!! What a great get away weekend! That chair looks like torture to me. ouch.
    xo,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow-I'll probably never get to go there-thanks for sharing such and exciting weekend with so many pretties!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love mirrored chest, one or two are on my wish list. Haven't participated in a while, glad I finally made it back.
    Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh you have hit all of my favorite places ~ will be down there in February...can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i'm so very jelous !! wish i had been with you on this trip !
    too busy to post, but happy holidays !!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hoping to get to the city after Christmas. There's really no place like it during the holidays. Did you get to go the garment distict?
    xx
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Beth thank you thank you THANK YOU for sharing these FAB pics....ESPECIALLY the Shabby Chic ones.... ** sigh ** ....How positively DELICIOUS....!!

    Cheers from Oz,
    Tamarah :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just thought I would stop by to wish you a MERRY CHRISTMAS!

    Happy Holidays
    Cassandra

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.....