Friday, October 2, 2009

...and these are a few of my favorite things


Happy Vintage Black Friday....oh I am soooo loving fridays! Well, here's my contribution to the day...some of my absolute favorite items...a little tole powder tin that belonged to my Great Grandma..still smells of her powder. Grandpa H.A.P.'s baby shoe marked 1894 on the bottom. I actually have the pair. Then there's my little groom..have no idea where he came from or why I love him sooo much..he's been hanging around my house hiding out on various shelves and in hidden corners for years...maybe he's that guy that my kids say live in the house, you know him, I think his name is "not me". I also love all things black and millinery..adore black hat netting and black velvet ribbons and embellishments. Oh and I almost forgot my spooky spider web rhinestone brooch...been hanging on to this one as well, for that day when "I just know I'll find something to do with this"....well have a wonderful weekend...think black!
Beth

9 comments:

  1. Beth ... you've been holding out on me!! I LOVE ALL of your VBF treasures this week and the sentimental meaning behind each one ... very special!

    Hmmmm ... makes me think I better start questioning my dolls to see if their names are "not me" tee-hee.

    xo
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful vintage blacks you have! That brooch is wonderful! I love it! And I have to agree, LOL, that little groom doll is eyecatching!! Hugs, Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little groom. Last week a few of us had black phones and this week, baby shoes! Happy Vintage Black Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's nice to meet you ,beth:) i love your collage of beautiful black items...especially the netting and the brooch! anything vintage is beautiful to me...

    mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. no joke on the baby shoes! funny, I was going to put them up last week and couldn't find the photo on my computer! love the groom! sweet!
    :)Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow..I love Fridays too...always have but now they are even better. Your groom is something I would LOVE too and the little boots..I have some but they are not marked with the date~lucky you.
    Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I am new to your blog and I love it already. Happy VBF and btw...the match safe necklace is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Beth! Great mosaic!! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment, I relly do appreciate it! Happy Thursday :)

    :) T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.....