Friday, May 7, 2010

Photographs and Memories.....

I just love this old camera lot I scored a few months ago!  I  can only imagine the memories and images taken with these......
I compiled a few old images of my own to share for this VBF.....the Halloween picture is my Grandmother and her brother and sister in their 1919 Halloween costumes. (She's little Red Riding Hood.) Scattered about are some other family black and whites from the late 1800's to the early 1900's. The one of my great great grandmother is gorgeous. We actually still have that dress, dripping with black beads and lace....
Be sure to visit Polly and the gang over at the French Cupboard for more VBF goodness~
 Happy VBF!
~Hope to see everyone for this special Mother's Day Silver Sunday~

14 comments:

  1. What wonderful photos of your family! Funny, I posted one of my father's mother when she was a little girl!

    Have a wonderful day!

    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the absolute BEST family pictures, lucky you!! Love the Halloween portrait!

    Happy VBF!
    From your VBF! Tee-hee

    xo
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you pictures. Especially the Halloween photo. We are all so lucky to have treasures like that! Have a great day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous photos - I especially love the Halloween Trick or Treat photo - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth,
    What great photos, especially the old Halloween one. How very special that you have it and you have your great great grandmother's dress! Happy VBF
    My Best
    Gale

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cool - that halloween photo is priceless!
    :)Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so admire families like yours that actually takes care of, preserves and cherishes family treasures. Your photos are gorgeous. Happy VBF!!!!
    Dee xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Today seems to be a day for cameras. I Love your photo collage especially the Halloween photo. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great VBF post ~ Love how you did that Collage ~
    The Old Camera Is Beautiful, but I have a hard time using my easy digital, can't even imagine having to work with that....
    See You on Silver Sunday~

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH - I have ALWAYS wanted to get one of those old cameras! My grandma says that she has a couple in her shed that belonged to my grandpa but she doesn't see very well anymore (she's 94) and the shed is loaded to the top! So it'll be a project for another day. Maybe we'll find some cool old cameras when we're in Texas!! Blessings... Polly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos and since they are your relatives even more memorable. Your post is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your photos are so wonderful...and the fact that they are your relatives is even better! I will be on the hunt for an old camera in Brimfield!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for hosting Beth.
    Nothing special today, but wanted to play. =)

    blessings

    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.....