Wednesday, February 15, 2012




Dreary winter weather + bum leg = busy fingers!

I've been working on a couple of projects lately well, actually more than a couple.  
Been getting my creatin" on while sitting on my a@*  nursing a pinched nerve in my leg.  The problem is the more idle my body is the more restless my brain gets. Not to mention the attitude I'm developing against getting old...what the hell...I'm only 46! But my goal is to have this leg up and running by the next Gypsy Market in March so while I sit and wait, in between PT appointments, I have to keep the fingers and brain occupied.  

I've decided to use my time wisely and list as much as I can on etsy and make as much as I can as well.  So many pics so much stuff....and I'm just not feelin' my photography is giving justice to my new pieces.  So the chain thinking began....I had a "light bulb moment"(pun totally intended)...why not build a light box.  Simple enough right?  It was pretty easy especially when Mr. Fish is home(tee hee).  
Well one whole day of building, taping , stapling and photo experimenting....I think I got it!
here's the results...........






What do ya think? I'm feelin' it now,  and with a little more practice it just may become the quality I'm striving for. My next project... check out this tutorial I found on pinterest.
Have a creative week....
hugs,
Beth

5 comments:

  1. Beth, Your jewelry is beautiful and you are right - the photos in the light box really add depth to your work. I hope your leg gets better soon! ~Marti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you may not thank me for this, as you seem to be the most ludicrously busy person, but i've bestowed upon you one of these versatile blogger awards (see my blog for details). I love your work, but your hectic lifestyle makes me feel thoroughly inadequate!!! - And a with a tricky leg too!! Extraordinary!
    Petra x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a very popular person! Janet from Anvil Artifacts here. I was also going to nominate you for the Versatile Blogger Award! But I see that the lovely Petra has already done so. Love your blog and this post in particular! Hoping you heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The light box was indeed a success- and those boot earrings are so darling!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.....