Friday, August 6, 2010

It's Vintage Black Friday over at the French Cupboard today and Flea Market Friday over at Kedcia's place...hope you all can play along.
Today I'm sharing 3 of my favorite finds....my favorite two giant black cement urns I got for a song at an auction a few years back.
These were one of those auction finds that I thought, "no way will I win these, I'm gonna get out bid right away" so I had kind of resigned myself to that fact and stood there almost feeling defeated before the bidding even started. I couldn't believe it, no one was bidding...I jumped in suddenly feeling determined  again, I think the other bidders just chimed in because they were going cheap....but guess what? I won! I won! I won! the pair for only $35...I did the happy dance and skipped away to get the truck!
 I got the little urn from the flea market...just love looking at it, as it sits beside the front door keeping my scarlet begonias safe and happy....
be sure to stop by and visit all the other Flea Market and VBF finds......oh, and don't forget this Sunday is Silver Sunday right here....hope to see you there!

16 comments:

  1. love the urn! i've always wanted one too; keep thinking i'll score an amazing one at a flea market some day. thanks for playing!


    kecia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Well done at the auction on these urns as one cannot have enough urns. Right? hugs♥olive

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many great parties this weekend ~ I wish we could do all this in person. But those fabulous urns might be a little heavy lugging around:) They are super pretty. Happy FFM ~ VBF & SS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Beth,
    The urns are beautiful. I love the time-worn look they have.
    I posted some vintage black clocks for VBF.....maybe I should post my vintage silver clocks for Silver Sunday! Hope to be get my act together to join.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice urns! lol...that sounds funny!
    Really, I love your black cement urns ... they have a great structure and wonderful aged look about them! Have a wonderful weekend! :0

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you love it when something unexpected happens like that.....the urns are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are wonderful urns and for a great price! Last Sun. I got a piece of concrete for my garden too from an auction for next to nothing. I blogged about it too. I love the old black patina on yours. You don't see that too often.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Big Smile - great urns! So glad to see they went to someone who appreciates them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Beth...

    Wowzer!!! Girlfriend, I can't believe that you won both of those fabulous urns for just $35!!! What a bargain! Ohhh...and I just adore them! Sooo happy for you! I have been keeping my eyes out for masonary urns as well...and well, they are sooo expensive! Hmmm...maybe I'll get lucky someday...like you did! You've raised my hopes, my friend! Hehe! Thank you so much for sharing all of your beautiful urns with us today for VBF!!! Such a treat!!!

    Warmest wishes,
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, you DID get a great deal! They are so much more at full retail. Good job!

    Jillian, Bella Rosa Antiques

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your Vintage Black Friday post, what great finds and bargains! Lucky lady! Have a great weekend! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful urns~ I would have done the happy dance, too, Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great finds. I love decorating with urns. You can do soooo much with them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I LOVE big ol' urns!!! They are GORGEOUS, and what a bargain, I would do the Happy Dance too... Can you see me "SMILING"!!!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the big urns..what a great deal!!

    I'm visiting for Vintage Black Friday...drop by! I'd love to have you visit.

    Happy Day,
    Stephanie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh...pretty things everywhere. I came over from Stephanie at Angelic Accents. I posted your giveaway button and need to go find my silver for this great post! Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.....