Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Final VBF

Wow! Is it vintage black friday already? I know,  I know, it's really Thanksgiving but I thought I would do my post a little early so I can wish you all a Happy and Gracious Thanksgiving day. Also, I don't want to risk missing the final day of VBF tomorrw just in case I don't wake from my Turkey coma early enough to post.


I absolutely love this vintage prize ribbon! I found it tucked away in an old book...so totally awesome!  Check out the detail in the fringe and in the star at the top.  You won't believe this but,  upon studying it closer I realized that it says, "Congratulations to Gypsy Fish for winning the VBF giveaway" .Yes, yes, that's what it translates to.....  It must have belonged to forturne telling gypsies from 1908, otherwise how could that be?  Oops,  there I go again,  living in my own head.....now I've created my own special language...ha ha wink, wink!
Seriously though,Thanks so much Jill for hosting VBF it's been a blast of  vintage fun.....and inspiration!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I love it too! And I absolutely LOVE your atsy shop, so much cool stuff!
    Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving day! ~ Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your post! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I ate too many mashed potatoes!

    Great ribbon! The star on the top is cool! I thought you had added that!

    Happy VBF!

    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great ribbon! Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that ribbon - and how clever you are to translate that language!!!! Happy VBF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute post! LOVE the ribbon! it actually looks like it might be in Czech! Have a great week! Patti

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.....