Thursday, May 26, 2011

Fear of Sterling ?

 I finally broke out the sterling wire and threw caution to the wind, shut my eyes and went for it.  I've had it stashed for so long. I don't know why but I've always had a fear of using my expensive sterling wire. Maybe it's a confidence thing, fear of messing up and wasting this precious metal? I think I am just worried that I won't like the piece and then I'll feel like I wasted it...who knows.  
  I seem to do this alot. I pick up cool elements for jewelry then I chicken out when it comes time to use it. So I thought to myself this is silly, just get your butt up there and use what you have! So I did it, I wire wrapped like crazy even made my own ear wires and I have to say.....I'm glad I faced my fear! 



I also dug up a really cool huge bag of 1960's bohemian beads during my earing making frenzy. Not quite sure what they're made of, thought maybe plastic but texture's not quite right, feels like a light wood but I don't think so, I'm still not sure.  All I do know is that they're really cool.  Muted colors and funky medallion shapes, lots of fun to play with. 

Heading back up to the studio to get lost in my sea of sterling.....what will you be doing this weekend?
Have a wonderful Memorial day weekend! 
hugs
        Beth

6 comments:

  1. Clearly, your fears were unfounded! They all look great! I must say, I share your same fears...I buy stuff and get all excited and then the fear creeps in. We just have to put on our "big girl panties" and get 'er done! I love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Beth,
    your earrings are really Gipsy style. I love the soft colors and the different shapes. And the display is gorgeous. So romantic! Thank you for sharing your treasures. I am sure, a lot of women will lovethem.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Beautiful!!!!!! I need to get over my fear of using the sterling also :D

    La Paix!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well it looks like you did the wire proud! Great job! Are you gonna come see me in July at Brimfield? Hope so!
    Tot

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! I know what you mean though! Sometimes we love things so much they become intimidating...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my they are beautiful!
    Happy Memorial Day to you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.....